Wednesday, November 11, 2009



MORE JEWELLERY


The last posting reminded me of my own hand-created jewellery that I wear from time to time.


A few years back, I had fun creating some pendants from Crazy Patchwork. They were a great deal of fun, and not difficult to make.


And you can make them as colourful as you like if you want them to add a bright spot to a black or neutral outfit. The one at the bottom is designed to be worn for the Christmas season.
These are basically made by wrapping a small piece of patchwork round a shaped piece of board (like a heart or oval), with a little wadding in between. Some of the embellishments are added after. Felt or suede is added to the back, and a hanging cord sandwiched in between. The dangly beads and those around the outside are added last. They can be made into brooches by adding the appropriate clip to the back.

This one was made by inserting the shape into a ready-made pendant base. It really sparkles and attracts lots of comments.

When I first made them, I remember I made several in pastel colours. A friend in New Zealand sold those ones in her Quilt Gallery for me.

Now I am really keen to make some more. Perhaps I will do a few Christmassy ones for gifts!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

These are wonderful what a clever idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails