Friday, April 14, 2006


HAPPY EASTER

I am looking forward to a fairly quiet Easter weekend. I feel as if I have earned it. I am hoping that if I do not actually plan to do anything much, then I will unexpectedly find the impetus and energy to tackle some rather outstanding jobs and projects. Like organising paperwork, finding the surface of my desk, getting some semblance of order into the photo collection. (Okay...there is about six months' work involved in that, but you do have to start somewhere.)
Or I may even give myself permission to start a new creative project.
On the other hand, apart from going to church, I may do nothing at all, and enjoy doing it!
Because it is Easter, I thought I would show my one and only attempt at a tatted cross. I should re-word that...it was about my fourth attempt, but the first I managed to finish. I still need to work out how to tie off the loose ends neatly. I am not very good with loose ends. Once I crocheted this woollen rug, in my own design that I thought was really rather nice. It did not take long for it to start unravelling from the inside out! I have never found anyone who will volunteer to fix it for me, and I have quite forgotten how to crochet now!
I can still tat, however. I was taught nearly four decades ago by a lovely old island lady, Cathie Snell. But I have never progressed beyond very simple little bits and pieces. I usually make an unfixable mistake before I go very far. However, the little lengths I do make are great for embellishing my crazy patchwork.

MAY I WISH EVERYONE A HAPPY AND HOLY EASTER.
MAY IT BE A CALM AND REFRESHING TIME OF QUIET REFLECTION FOR YOU.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Mary, your tatting sounds just like mine. I managed to struggle round one cross too, well like you, probably about 4 crosses if you count the unfixables. Its amazing what can adorn crazy patchwork, isn't it?
MaureenG

Related Posts with Thumbnails