Monday, July 25, 2011


The other day, I went looking for a quilt top I had made some years ago, thinking I might make an effort to turn it into a proper quilt. I did not find it, but I did come across a number of other UFO's (unfinished objects) and WISPS (works in slow progress.) Among them were a couple of crazypatch squares that I had intended for some cushion covers for the lounge.
So off I went to some of my upholstery fabric stash (I am gradually working through it). In two up's I had two new cushions. Made me wonder why I had left it so long!

 The centrepiece for each of the cushions is a silk print that I made from photos of the front of Devon House.

 I also found a leftover square from my fruit and vegetable CQ quilt, so that became a cushion too, using some leftover fabric from the upholstery fabric in our window seat.

 It complements the quilt really well.
We tend to be a bit on the "safe" side when it comes to decorating, and our paint finishes are extremely neutral for the most part. So I am glad I can add this colour to the home through my creative crafts!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails