Wednesday, July 20, 2011

DON'S PARTY - SIX DECADES ON

I will have to apologise for the quality of the photos in this posting. I really don't know what all those numbers on the dials of my digital camera mean, and I really ought to find out how to get the best out of my camera. The booklet that came with it was definitely not very user friendly.
But it was a great party!!! I mean Don's 60th! Held last Saturday night at his wonderful "shed."



                         
We all had to come dressed as a queen or princess - but a king or prince would do at a stretch.

I made gold crowns for Bernie and myself and decorated them with plastic jewels that I have had lying around for yonks.

Connie's tiara was repeated everywhere - the Toy shop had a big supply, obviously. Sorry the pic is so fuzzy - she looked great in the red velvet dress!

Les's dress really showed off his figure!

While a jewel encrusted toilet seat really fitted the Tudor style for Gaelene.

Mudgi borrowed Peter's Pearly King outfit.

 We all brought food to put on the table, to go with the fish and chips that were being cooked outside.
Clare looked truly royal.

 Don's cake was in the shape of a guitar - very appropriate for this very musical fellow!
 After the meal there was some impromptu entertainment
 It was all too much for Princess Mauatua, who is being watched over by big sister Princess Mikaela.

We have known Don for a long time. I first met him when he was 18, but Bernie has known Don and his family for much longer than that. He is a great friend, the best-natured person you could ever hope to meet.
.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails