Following on from the last post, I thought I would show a couple more projects that have I have been working on.
I am not sure where the idea came from or what inspired me with these, but I found myself producing these little needlebooks.
I started with a rectangle of woollen fabric, and cut out a circle where the front cover would be. I then embellished the circle with fibres and emboidery, inserted it back into the rectangle and secured it with feather stitch, plus some extra stitches and sticky-backed stabiliser on the back.
I made twisted cords using wool yarns, lined them with co-ordinating fabrics, and now I have some little gifts or items to sell.