Wednesday, January 18, 2006


THE SNOW QUEEN
Last week while buying a Baptismal gift in our lovely local bookshop/cafe, I came across a beautifully illustrated edition of The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen. It made me feel nostalgic, because I just loved that story as a child, and remember well some of the pictures in my childhood copy.
Imagine my delight last night, while looking for a new bedtime story for Emily on our rather extensive bookshelves, to find my old storybook still there. I had forgotten I still had it! The story is "In seven parts", so I am hoping that by the end of the week, Emily will also come to love it. And if she does, I will go back to the bookshop and buy that new one for her!
And perhaps one for myself, too!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

If it the book we sell in our shop it is indeed a beautiful edition as well as a beautiful addition to anyone's shelves... The children's section of the shop hold more peril for me than the craft section does...:)) There is always a new something to ooohhh and ahhh over... But then again I am completely hoplesss and a slave to my obsession...

Related Posts with Thumbnails