Saturday, December 10, 2011

CHRISTMAS IS COMING

I have probably told you before that Christmas stockings and bags are my favourite sewing projects. So when Celia asked me to make stockings for her two youngest grandchildren I was only too happy to oblige. The six older grandchildren had stockings made for them by Louise M some years ago, so these two needed to be a similar size and shape. They are a little larger than I usually make them, and generous enough to hold plenty of presents!!



The first one was for Jacqui and David's little girl Amber, who is two (I think?) For this one I used some Debbie Mumm motifs that I have had for some years - just waiting for the perfect project. These were embellished with buttons and beads, and I used a doiley for the toe and heel.


                            

The second one is for Holly, who is Simon and Louise's youngest. For this one I used crazy patchwork, with embroidery, lace, buttons and beads.

 You cannot get a better name than "Holly" for Christmas, can you?


 Sorry, this last picture is a bit fuzzy...
                              

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I've been meaning to make new stockings for years and have yet to get around to doing it. Yours are lovely.

Related Posts with Thumbnails