This afternoon, I finished this little crazy patchwork needlebook. At long last.
The needlebook(or at least, the top/outside part) was made in a Round Robin I took part in over three years ago. After I had done the basic piecing, it winged its way round Australia and New Zealand for five other ladies...Internet Crazy Quilting friends....to embellish it. When it arrived home, I was really pleased with it, but it went into a drawer to wait its turn to be made up into something useful. And I finally got around to it, and gave it a lining, and a set of woollen pages inside. And it took no more than half an hour, which makes me wonder why it took me so long to decide to do it.
There are quite a few other UFO's (unfinished objects) in the drawer. Maybe this will give me the impetus to tackle some of them too! Meanwhile I am going to equip this pretty little piece with an assortment of needles, and add it to my sewing basket.