Forgive me that I still have my tacking stitches showing. You may be surprised to know that I rarely do any tacking, preferring to "wing"it. But being someone else's work probably made me take a little more care. The page turned out to have a real "Australian bush" flavour, which I had not really intended. The hand-dyed fabric (done by me many moons ago) in the border has added to this effect. However, I am sure Chriss will enjoy the "downunder" feel of the page.
The second page is far more my style and genre, with a needlefelted tree, using silk fibres and other yarns, and embellished with beads.
My scanner has produced some refractions in the background, which are not really there. However, I did produce it by feeding some silk through my printer for an image of some Norfolk bush. As the silk had not been pre-treated, only the faintest image appeared, and it gives it a delightfully misty and hazy effect. Yet another happy accident! I used a fresher green (another of my hand-dyes) for the border, more like the lovely clear greens of a Norfolk Island spring!!
I said I was really sorry this project is coming to an end. But I can at least look forward to receiving my own "Tea Parties" book back in the next few weeks. Then I can really ooh and aah and show it off.
The group is planning another project for next year, which promises to be even more challenging.
Post a Comment