In the weekend, I went upstairs and finished putting together the Crazy Patch tote bag. What a great feeling to have something finished..but there are still lots of UFO's (Unfinished Objects) for me to tackle before my conscience really lets me get started on too many new projects!
I found a wonderful cotton print for the lining..you can just see a glimpse of it on the handle. The sewing then went fairly smoothly...until I got to the handle/strap. I attached one end O.K., and then had four attempts at attaching the other end. The first time I attached it back to front, with the lining on the outside. The second time I attached it to the wrong part of the bag. The third time I managed to sew it on with a complete twist in the middle. The fourth time it went on perfectly..hooray!
In the picture above, you can just see a bit of my Crazy Fruit and Vege Quilt which is draped over the back of the settee.
I have enrolled in a Multimedia Collage Workshop at the end of this week, with Carolyn Stephens from New Zealand. So I am off to gather some bits and pieces, and try to think of a theme to work on.